Mac OSX 10.4, BSD subsystem (included in default OSX installation)
iLinkPod is first of all a unique tool that creates a permanent and direct access from your Desktop (and your iPod or wherever you want) to the hidden folders in which iPod stores your audio files.
All this in the safest way, without modifying any file/folder or configuration file of the iPod!
Direct access means that you'll access your previously hidden audio files directly from the Finder, while they remain hidden! (remember: iLinkPod will not modify any properties of files on your iPod!). So you don't need iLinkPod or any other utility to access your hidden audio files on the iPod, you'll have access to them through a common folder on your Desktop (and iPod too).
You don't need do execute iLinkPod again if you add or delete/modify songs on your iPod, you'll have access to your iPod as it is in that moment!
In future plans, iLinkPod aims to become a complete "softhacking" tool for your iPod, allowing you to learn how it works, for troubleshooting, indepth personalization, or just curiosity!
New in v0.6
- Works with Windows formatted iPods too
- Universal Binary and rewritten from scratch!
- will work on all iPods
- one click backup of all your iPod library!
New in v0.4 pr1
- 90% rewritten from scratch.
- Native Cocoa brushed metal user interface (no more use of Terminal).
- Added volume limit removal for European iPods.
- Added iPod Device System Informations dump and full filesystem dump.
- Tested on all iPods (first, second and third generation) up to 40gb version. (check website to check info for newer versions or to test iLinkPod on new iPods!).
- Tested on Jaguar and Panther.
- Easy .dmg "drag and drop" single file install (no more installer with admin password).
- Added "as root" mode for troubleshooting and debug for future iPod versions support.
- Added more "safety" checks to avoid incorrect usage.
- Internal bundled uninstaller for old iLinkPod 0.2b version.
- New "official" application icon