Java Runtime v1.4 or later.
Mr. Random is a utility useful for filling a portable MP3 audio player with music randomly selected from a larger collection situated on a computer hard drive. This is a good idea if you can't make up your mind what you want to hear, you prefer to be surprised by a selection of music you may not have heard in a while, or want to hear familiar music juxtaposed in novel combinations.
New in v1.4
- Java Version 6.0 is required
- List fills as tunes are picked
- Status bar shows messages, list size and device free space / total space
- Can export list as a playlist file to play in your desktop media player (Amarok, Winamp, QCD,...)
- Detects device size (new feature in Java 6) so you don't have to guess
- 10 new themes
- Tooltips containing artist, album and optionally, cover art
- Checking for new versions done in the background, so you don't have to wait for a connection during startup
- All buttons disabled while copying to avoid funny business